السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
Dear Respected Elders, Past Presidents, Brothers, Sisters and Youth
A. Good News:
It gives us great pleasure to inform members about:
- Nikaah held in Mombasa
- Mahmoud s/o Mohamed Abbas Shamshudin Bachani to Shafreen d/o Shabbir Abdulkader Bagha
- Birth of Taha Junaid Issak Warwani in US
- Birth of Imran Abdulkader Kadernani
On behalf of the President, Executive Committee, and the Jamat, we send our heartiest Mubarakis to the families and pray to Allah (SWT) to bless them and increase their Imaan.
B. Seniors Breakfast – Feb 2022
In an effort to foster a strong bond between the seniors and youth of our community, and to keep our seniors mentally strong and digitally active, we have put together a special session wherein our youth and seniors will connect with each other over breakfast.
Our youth will personally take breakfast over to the home of seniors. As they enjoy a delicious meal together, we’re sure they will have a nice time catching up with each other. Our youth will immensely benefit from the experience and stories of the seniors, while our seniors will be able to pick the mind of the youth to learn what’s new in this technologically advanced world.
We want our youth to learn about the life experiences of the seniors, and use these to navigate through challenges in their own lives. On the other hand, we want our seniors to feel comfortable reaching out to the youth for a lively chit chat as they deal with social isolation, and learn about how existing technology can help with their aging.
This project is sponsored by Ansaar Foundation, who have donated 10 digital tabs to NMJ Canada to give to the most deserving seniors in our community.
Seniors and youth – Be ready for a one of a kind breakfast session!
We request seniors and youth volunteers to email: email@example.com
C. Filing your taxes
As the deadline for filing personal taxes draws closer and RRSP contribution deadline for 2021 comes to an end, we would like to provide members the following links to help in their questions.
In addition, we are pleased to inform you that our own professionals have kindly consented to answer your questions. Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. These questions will be addressed by:
(1) Br Shafi Yakub
(2) Br Shabbir Bagha
(3) Sr Zahra Admani
(4) Br Mohamed Rizwan Bachani
D. Emergency Contacts
We would like to advise members that the following individuals can be reached during any emergency.
1. Mohamed Osman Noorani – (437) 992 2184
2. Nadeem Salyani – (905) 876 6269
3. Ebrahim Goralwalla – (416) 830 1881
4. Abubaker Goralwalla – (416) 564 0493
5. Mohamed Issak Warwani – (416) 825 0856
6. Mohamed Osman Parpia – (647) 710 3769
Ladies can contact
7. Zahra Admani – (647) 200 8490
8. Tayba Hathiyani – (519) 998 4712
9. Nasreen Kassam – (647) 784 4125
Kabrastaan Committee Contacts:
1. Zaheer Salyani (416) 450-8410
2. Mohamed Goralwalla (647) 456-5405
3. Kassam Varvani (416) 892-3233 President, Executive Committee
4. Zulfikar Hathiyani (647) 575 1233 Chairman, Trustee Board
E. Zakaat Collections
As has been our practice over the past few years, we will be collecting Zakat funds this year as well. The funds will be sent to our Jamats in Mombasa and Nairobi. Please send your zakaat and any donations by e-Transfer to email@example.com.
جزاكم اللهُ خيراً
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُه
2021-2023 Executive Committee
Nasserpuria Memon Jamat, Canada